When someone asks us to bring an appetizer to a dinner party. This recipe is our go-to, it’s simple and most people love buffalo chicken dip. I rarely cook the chicken but prefer to buy the preroasted chicken in the store. I would discard the bones and skin of the chicken. Portion it out for the recipe, and then measure and freeze the rest. By measuring the leftover shredded chicken, and labeling it. You don’t have to guess, you know exactly how much chicken you have in the freezer for any upcoming recipes.
The best sides to go with this dip are zucchini slices, I’m not too keen on celery sticks. They are too crunchy and stringy for me. It’s your preference on which veggies you like to incorporate with the dip. You can add veggies on the presentation dish and the other half with plantains or sweet potato chips.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (Sir Kensington or Primal Kitchen)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8” dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the top, is lightly brown and bubbling.
- Serve warm with veggies such as celery, carrots, and zucchini! Plantain or sweet potato chips are awesome too!
- You can make this dip in a slow cooker by adding all of the ingredients to the slow cooker on low for 4 to 6 hours. Stir once or twice during the cooking process.
- To make Buffalo Chicken Dip ahead of time, prepare the dip up to one day in advance, cover and refrigerate. Add 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time when ready to bake.