I was in the grocery store one day looking at the vegetable and herb section to see what I can find to make dinner for the week. I noticed these beautiful lumpy roots in a pack and they were fairly cheap. My knowledge of Tumeric is in glass or plastic herb containers that I add to Indian Cuisines. These were fresh and raw turmeric roots. I bought it and said to myself that I’ll wash, dry, and freeze them if I can’t find a good recipe anytime soon.
I eventually found and perfected a recipe for these turmeric roots. It was a refreshing morning turmeric tonic. After drinking it daily, I felt healthier. My body and mind rejuvenated.
I opted to make a few batches of this drink in a large glass bottle container and kept it in the refrigerator. This was a time saver since sometimes I’m caught up in the morning rush with the kids and chores. My husband and I would pour ourselves a cup or two of this delish drink and we are off to start our day.
A little tip when making this recipe. I use the metal strainer with three different sizes that stack together. If you want fewer grinds, then use all the three strainers. Or else one strainer is enough. Then I pop the strainers in the dishwasher for easy cleanup.
Morning Tumeric Tonic
- 4 cups Cold Water
- 1 inch Thick Tumeric Root Fresh or Frozen
- 1 inch Thick Ginger Root Fresh or Frozen
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- 1/2 Ripe Mango Fresh or Frozen
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Honey Optional
- Place water, ginger, turmeric, and shredded coconut in a blender and blend for 30 seconds at high speed
- Strain well through a fine-mesh strainer then return liquid into the blender
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the mixture and blend again until smooth