When my husband asked me to make him Paleo Tortillas because he got bored of eating cauliflower rice as a side. I was like eh, where do I buy this? I didn’t think that you can make it. I’m used to buying baked goods at the store so why not Paleo Tortillas? Well … I haven’t seen Paleo Tortillas sold anywhere, unless you can find a niche low card health food grocery store.
I’ve tried a few recipes and some of them were terrible. They were dry, or break as soon as you try to flip it or worst, stuck on to the pan. This recipe is the best so far, it can be turned into breakfast or dessert crepes by adding vanilla extract and some coconut sugar to it. The ingredients are a a few, and its very simple to make. I usually make batches at a time so I can freeze it to be used in future meal prep. It tastes great and the kids love it too.
Simple Paleo Tortillas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Melted Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Water
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder (or Tapioca Powder)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the melted ghee and water
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk well: Arrowroot, coconut flour, and salt
- In a small (8 inch) skillet over medium heat, pour in about 1/3 of the batter and immediately roll it around to evenly coat the bottom. The tortilla should start to pull away from the edges as it cooks
- Cook for 1 minute each side
- If saving for later, cool completely and store in a plastic bag or airtight glass container